Alzheimer's Association Lebanon
Alzheimer’s Association Lebanon was founded in 2004 as a non-profit organization with the mission of improving the quality
of life for people with dementia and their caretakers and with the primary objective of raising public awareness, throughout
Lebanon and the Middle East.
To raise social and individual public awareness to support people with dementia and their caregivers though care services,
support group meetings, dissemination of information, training, capacity building workshops and advocating public health
Studies show there are about 30 000 Alzheimer’s disease cases in Lebanon upon which AAL has set its two-fold vision:
- Reaching out to more families to help provide a better quality of life to patients and their carers.
- Help in building a professional infrastructure for the support and care through insuring better knowledge about the disease
and breaking the taboo around it.
Alzheimer's Association Targets
- Raise Awareness on Alzheimer's disease and its management.
- Promote the rights of Alzheimer's patients.
- Highlight the important role of family caregivers in alleviating the disease.
- Provide ways to reach the best social and health care.
- Support the patient throughout his Alzheimer's journey.
- Enhance public health standards for Alzheimer's patients to avoid complications.
- Support Alzheimer's caregivers in their journey of care.