By Joakim Sundnes, Glenn Terje Lines, Xing Cai, Bjørn Frederik Nielsen, Kent-Andre Mardal, Aslak Tveito
This ebook describes mathematical types and numerical options for simulating task within the middle. The booklet offers an creation to an important versions of the sector, via an in depth description of numerical recommendations for the versions. specific concentration is on effective numerical tools for giant scale simulations on either scalar and parallel pcs. the consequences offered within the e-book might be of specific curiosity to researchers in bioengineering and computational biology, who face the problem of fixing those advanced mathematical types successfully. The booklet also will function a beneficial creation to a brand new and fascinating box for computational scientists and utilized mathematicians.
Read Online or Download Computing the Electrical Activity in the Heart PDF
Best cardiovascular books
Kid's health center examine beginning, Cincinnati, OH. permits biomedical researchers to pick these optimized thoughts that could be used to check the advance, development, and remedy of atherosclerotic lesions. define layout.
Hypertension is a typical persistent scientific challenge encountered in fundamental care, but it really is generally less than clinically determined. ABC of high blood pressure is an extended verified, functional advisor to the research, therapy and administration of hypertensive sufferers. This 6th edition:Provides functional counsel on dimension of blood strain and the research and administration of hypertensive patientsExplains new advancements in dimension and automatic dimension of blood strain andUpdates insurance on therapy of the aged and explains of the results of contemporary trialsIncorporates present British high blood pressure Society and great guidance
This publication presents the main updated insurance of the mixed use of imaging modalities that allows you to gather vital useful and morphological details on heart problems and improve affliction detection. the hot advancements in PET/MRI, cardiac CT, PET/CT and SPECT/CT and their effect on medical perform are defined and particular realization is usually dedicated to imaging parameters and protocols to be used in perform and study.
- ECGs for the Emergency Physician 2
- Pathobiology of Cardiovascular Injury: From the proceedings of the Meeting of the American Section of the International Society for Heart Research (ISHR), Oklahoma City, Oklahoma September 13–15, 1984
- Translational Cardiometabolic Genomic Medicine
- Heart Hypertrophy and Failure
Extra resources for Computing the Electrical Activity in the Heart
40 20 0 −20 −40 −60 −80 −100 0 200 400 600 800 Fig. 8. Action potential for a Purkinje fibre cell, computed with the Noble model. The Noble model was a successful attempt to simulate the action potential of Purkinje fibres with a simple model of Hodgkin-Huxley type. However, because the model was created before detailed data on ionic currents in cardiac cells became available, the underlying physiology is incorrect. An improvement of the model was presented by McAllister, Noble and Tsien  in 1975.
Several variations have been derived to address various limitations of the original model. One detail of the original formulation that does not match well with physiological data is that the cell hyperpolarizes in the repolarization phase. 3. The values of the parameters used in the original formulation of the FitzHughNagumo model. 4. 5 0 100 200 300 400 Fig. 2. Plots of v (solid) and w (dashed) for the original and modified FitzHugh-Nagumo model. 2, where v reaches values significantly below the resting potential before returning to the resting state.
5. The ionic currents in the Hodgkin-Huxley model. is time independent and formulated as a simple linear function of the transmembrane potential. The currents are given by ¯ Na m3 h(ν − νNa ), INa = G ¯ K n4 (ν − νK ), IK = G IL = GL (ν − νL ). Here, ν is the deviation from the resting potential, defined as ν = v − veq . Similarly νNa , νK , and νL are shifted equilibrium potentials for each current, defined by νNa = vNa − veq , νK = vK − veq , νL = vL − veq , where vNa , vK , and vL are the true equilibrium potentials for the three currents.