By M. O. Wise
A examine of 1 of the Qumran texts, reading its features and authorship. the writer concludes that the Temple Scroll used to be an eschatalogical legislations publication, composed round a hundred and fifty BC via `The instructor of Righteousness' and never a made of the Qumran neighborhood.
Read or Download A Critical Study of the Temple Scroll from Qumran Cave 11 (Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization, No. 49) PDF
Best sacred writings books
This ebook makes a speciality of the 3rd element of some of the most very important files from the Qumran library, the epilogue of 4QMMT. It re-evaluates the textual foundation for this part, and analyses how the epilogue capabilities as part of the bigger rfile. as well as addressing the constitution and style of 4QMMT, this quantity analyzes using Scripture within the epilogue so one can remove darkness from the theological schedule of the document's author/redactor.
Text-critical and Hermeneutical stories within the Septuagint is the identify of a bilateral examine venture carried out from 2009 to 2011 through students from the colleges of Munich (Germany) and Stellenbosch (South Africa). The joint learn firm was once rounded off through a convention that came about from thirty first of August - 2d of September 2011 in Stellenbosch.
From the times of Plato, the matter of the efficacy and adequacy of the written note as a car of human conversation has challenged mankind, but the secret of ways top to accomplish readability and exactitude of written expression hasn't ever been solved. the main repercussive example of this common challenge has been the exegesis of the legislations embodied in Hebrew scripture.
- Maimonides and the Shaping of the Jewish Canon
- The Oxford Handbook of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- The Bible after Babel: Historical Criticism in a Postmodern Age
- Difficult Beginnings: Three Works on the Bodhisattva Path
- Judges (Readings, a New Biblical Commentary)
- Methods for Exodus (Methods in Biblical Interpretation)
Additional resources for A Critical Study of the Temple Scroll from Qumran Cave 11 (Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization, No. 49)
141. Y. Thorion, "Tempelrolle LIX, 8-11 und Babli, Sanhédrin 98a," RQ 11 (1982-84): 427-28. 142. P. R. Callaway, "The Temple Scroll and the Canonization of Jewish Law," RQ 13 (1988): 239-50. 143. G. Brin, "המקרא במגילת המקדש," [The Bible in the Temple Scroll] Shnaton 4 (1980): 182-225, and "Concerning Some of the Uses of the Bible in the Temple Scroll," RQ 12 (1985-87): 519-28. 144. S. Kaufman, "The Temple Scroll and Higher Criticism," HUCA 53 (1982): 29-43. The quotation is from p. 42. 145. A.
102 According to his arguments, the TS offers no parallel to the מסבהof Middot. 96. Comparative studies include J. Maier, 'The Architectural History of the Temple in Jerusalem in the Light of the Temple Scroll," in Temple Scroll Studies, pp. 23-62, J. Barker, 'The Temple Measurements and the Solar Calendar," in idem, pp. 63-66, and M. ," also in Temple Scroll Studies, pp. 67-90. 97. A. Mink, "Tempel und Hofanlagen in der Tempelrolle," RQ 13 (1988): 2 7 3 - 8 6 , and the fascinating discussion in P.
PEGLBS 1 (1981): 37-54. 131. J. Maier, The Temple Scroll, trans, by John White (Sheffield: JSOT Press, 1985). For the German work, see note 28 above. 132. For reviews (including reviews of the German original), see J. A. Emerton, VT 37 (1987): 242; G. Fohrer, ZAW 91 (1979): 150-51; F. Garcia-Marünez, JSJ 17 (1986): 108-9; M. A. Knibb, The Society for Old Testament Study Book List 1986, p. 126; J. Lust, ETL 62 (1986): 190; R. North, Biblica 61 (1980): 116-17; J. Oesch, ZKT 103 (1981): 200-1; H.